Green Tea VS Black Tea Tea is said to be the most popular beverage in the world. It’s been consumed for thousands of years by millions, perhaps billions, of people.Tea has also been shown to have many health benefits. And some of these benefits are thought to be...
Turmeric – Is it Really a Miracle Spice? Turmeric is a rhizome that grows under the ground like ginger. It has a rich, bright orange colour and is used in many foods. Originally used in Southeast Asia, it’s a vital component for traditional curries. You can find...
What This Nutritionist Thinks the Best Diet is for Gut Health – Mediterranean Diet 101 The Mediterranean diet is one of the most studied diets out there.It’s based on the traditional foods that people who lived around the Mediterranean Sea ate about 50...
9 Ways to Break Free From Stress to Help Heal Your Gut Can’t Meditate? Here are 9 Other Ways to Break Free From StressI know! Meditation is the secret sauce to take your wellness up to the status of the elite gurus. It’s the “be all, end all” for the health of...
How Do I Know if I Have a Leaky Gut? “Leaky gut” is a popular topic in the health and wellness spheres these days. It’s been blamed for many symptoms and conditions that seem to be all-too-common. Allergies, intolerances, joint pain, even autoimmune...
Hi, I’m Tracy! I create food solutions to feed your life goals. I’m a Nutritionist, chocoholic + superhero fan. Mom to three, wife to one, crazy about all four, and food! When you work with me you’ll learn to savour life and nourish all that it has to offer.
Well, that’s a wrap!! Our Italian family adventure has come to an end! The kids are totally bummed 🙁 out that it’s over and I’m elated that they had such a wonderful time and now miss Italy - like I always do. 🇮🇹 🙂
From the southern most point of the heel, all the way up the coast to the beautiful gargano park that is the spur, to the bustling beach side city of Pescara - and a bunch of stops along the way; Veni Vidi Vici! 😉
Here are just a few notes if you decide to venture into the beautiful country that is Italy:
1. If you venture out of the major tourist areas, expect a slower pace of life and stores to be closed in the middle of the day.
2. Don’t expect a grande latte of any sort, it’s espresso after noon only!
3. If you don’t like fish, get over it - you’ll be missing out. The fish in most parts is literally plucked from the sea within days of eating it, you won’t regret it!
4. Italians might be slow paced but you can’t tell from the driving. For some reason they seem like they are in a hurry to get stuff done when they’re on the road. 🚗
5. Bring money for shopping and make sure you have at least 10 pounds to spare in your luggage when you pack for your trip! Can’t even tell you how many shoes were bought for this family!! 👟😆 Luckily I thought ahead! 😊
6. Italians still don’t believe in queuing up, so if you see what should be a line-up but is just a mash up of people and confusion - try and have a sense of humor about it! No sense in getting frustrated about a different way of life on your vacay! But don’t be shy about telling them to get behind you! I did and they did! 😉😆
That’s it! I’m off to plan next years trip. 😉😆🇮🇹
#vacation #italy #familytrip #salento #vacaymode #rome #pescara #food #lecce #familyadventure #beachlife #heartinitaly #summer2019 #foodie #familylife #pizza #pasta #icecream @ Basilica Santa Maria Maggiore Abitazione Parroco ... See MoreSee Less